Tuesday 22 October 2013

Term 4 Planning

If you are involved in making Episodes 9,10 or 11 please make sure you watch the blog and WOT so you know what to do. Come to all meetings you are expected at the times you are asked as we have fierce deadlines. 

Here are the dates for Term 4:
Week 1 Friday Oct 18
Week 2 Friday Oct 25
Week 3 Thursday 31 Oct & Friday 1 Nov
Week 5 Thurs 14 & Fri 15 Nov
Week 6 Thursday 21 & Friday 22 Nov
Week 7 Thursday 28 & Friday 29 Nov

Wave TV 3 is on all day this Friday, not Thursday as I said last week. Can Yasmine, Nyah, Georgie, Milly, Em, Georgia, Kai, Ben Carson, Harry Dunn, Melissa, Cyzck, Jake, Troy, Brenna, Jesper and Hayden please meet me straight after the roll to scriptwrite and film. Erin, Emilee, Phoebe, Ella and Emma are filming after morning tea with Dylan and Harrison (yr 8) as crew. Other students will be called during the day as required. 

Episode 9. The goal for this Friday is to get Episode 9 completely completed. If it is you who needs to finish a story and your name is not in What's on Top please come along on Friday anyway. You did a great push last Friday so well done. We will call people throughout the day to checking OK their parts. Yasmin's and Nic - your story, due to illness last term, is the last to be completed so needs to be done this week. Please organise your backgrounds for NIWA if you haven't done so yet. This episode needs to be posted by the end of the weekend.

Episode 10. Well done also for your hard work. The stories for Episode 10 so far are:
AFL- Troy and Jake, crew Georgia & Em. Thanks Em also for helping with Garageband music.
Room 16's Flowers exhibition Ella, Emma, Emilee, Erin & Phoebe- Harrison & Dylan as crew.
Room 1b & 15's sasa  (Harry, Room 15)
The Gala- Milly & Georgie (crew?)
Paremata Idol finals (Em, Kai, Lyndsay & Georgia (own crew)
Year 8s leaving (Brenna)
There was also another story but I am not sure what it was? I'll check the board on Friday unless someone can remember and pops it in a comment below. Mrs Haswell would also like a follow up story in one of these episodes after her trip to Uganda. Perhaps Chantelle & Hayden can do this? Let's aim to get this episode out by Week 5 or 6.

Episode 11. This is supposed to be a 'How To' episode designed to help Wave TV 2014 know what they are supposed to to do as crew. We'll sort out who does what for this on Friday. There is also a 'How to' Kapa Haka component. Nic, you had a 'how to' idea as well that you have time to explore. This episode needs to be out by about Week 7 so people have a chance to watch it before school ends.

Next year will be a little different because we will work in small groups each of which will be led by those of our awesomely talented 2013 year 7s who are still interested in making and anchoring Wave TV. Hopefully we will be able to make 3 or 4 episodes per term in small groups of about 8. In the next week or so I will put the call out for expressions of interest in Wave TV 2014 from 2014's year 6, 7 & 8s.

Thanks, Caroline

48 comments:

  1. heyy jake and troy here.
    were keen to do wtv in 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know. You have done a great job this year :)

      Delete
    2. Remember to use capital letters and especially apostrophes in the right places! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Caroline, I really want to do wtv in 2014 to
    And Georgie and I were our own crew for most of it but we had a little help from Chenthi :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milly, good to know you're still keen. Do you and Georgie need to film in the studio this Friday?

      Delete
    2. No we don't need to film. Thanks :)

      Delete
    3. Great, thanks. You can upload your footage from the gala and start editing first thing on Friday.

      Delete
  3. Yasmine and Nyah, you can start scripting using the stories for Episode 10 above. Start whenever you like by writing in the wiki. Pop the stories in the order they are above. If you don't begin by Friday that is ok with me, just bring along your marvellous scripting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline. I can do a follow up story for Ms Haswell, if you like I can ask her. I am fairly certain Hayden would like to too, just need to check. I'll ask him today at lunch, then comment tonight. Thanks! P.S I am really keen to do Wave TV next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Chantelle I assume? Great to know you are still keen. Mrs Haswell is planning to give us some footage on a data stick on Friday so once you have seen what she has you can set out the story. I think it is a great idea to let her know you will be looking after her story.

      Delete
    2. I had no idea what happened to my name.

      Delete
  5. hi I won't be here from 9 to 10 because I will be at an art session.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy the art session Jesper. That sounds like fun! See you after so we can organise your part of Term 4 Wave TV.

      Delete
  6. Hi Caroline, Mrs Lock wants Ben and I to do a story about road patrol I was hoping we could squeeze a little how to do it in ep. 11.

    Thanks Hayden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great Hayden. We'll find someone else to work with Chantelle on the Uganda story.

      Delete
  7. Hi Caroline, which episode is Nyah and I anchoring?

    B.T.W. I've read the blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've read the blog Yasmine :) you and Nyah are anchoring Episode 10.

      Delete
  8. For Episode 11 so far we have:
    How to write a script (Morgan & ?)
    How to do road patrol (Ben & Hayden)
    How to work iMovie (Jesper & ?)
    How to do the Paremata Haka (Melissa & ? With help from Whaea Tia and Mrs McCarthy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or perhaps Melissa someone else can do that story since you and Cyzck will be anchoring episode 11. Let me know what you think.

      Delete
    2. Good Idea Caroline, perhaps Emily D can do it seeing as she is in Kapa Hak, gets along with Whaea Tia (and most other people) and wants a job to do.

      Reccomendation alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    3. Hi Caroline, I am just reminding you about Mrs Haswell's story, which episode is it in? I don't mind which episode. THANKS!
      * *
      U

      Delete
    4. kai can help melissa if needed

      Delete
  9. I am keen to do Wave T.V next year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's good to know thanks Lyndsay. You've done a great job this year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. :o :D
    The 'How to' Guides is a great idea! :o may I please partner up with someone Caroline?
    Oh could there be a 'How to' about writing a story board? Or a... how to recycle thing? That might be good!
    ALL THE SMILEY FACES I KNOW:
    :) :)) ;) :s :o :/ XD XO ;p :p :3 :* :') :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emz, I have recomended you to Caroline for How To: Kapa Haka, we shall talk more on this tomorrow at wave TV.

      Snap me, Melissa

      Delete
    2. I know another smiley face 8) 8D 8P 8O 8( goggley eyes
      * *
      U

      Delete
    3. Hi Caroline i would like to take part in wave tv next year
      Georgie

      Delete
  12. i weally want to do wave tee vwee next year, pwease Caroline, pwease?
    *My cute language*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marmite, vegemite, let me see... MARMITE ALL DA WAY BRO! WHOOP WHOOP!
    Tehe :}

    By the way Caroline I am totally for participating in wave TV next year, perhaps not crew work because I'll be a year 8 but I'll think about it, anyway, if so it'll still be anchoring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi I talked to Mrs Haswell and she has some clips from Uganda to share, and Hayden is interested, just thinking that he is a bit busy with the patrol story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, Kai keen for 2014. Also we hav kapa haka at 9:30 so i can only be there for half a hour 2morrow morning. but free 4 rest of the day. :) XD :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it 9 or 9:30? Anyway, obviously this includes the entire Kapa Haka which means all of room 6, and everyone else.
      If you have time, Caroline, could you reply to this comment and tell me if I need to do anything important so that I can make time for wave TV AND Kapa Haka.When I get to school i'll ask Whaea Tia what time it is and if she need me for something.
      Thanks, Melissa

      Delete
    2. Hey Kai, you forgot about writers group and 2nd languages after morning tea

      Delete
    3. Hi Melissa, sorry not to respond earlier. I think we will just have to be pretty flxible so we can fit everything in. Thanks for all your hard work with WTV- you really do a great job.

      Delete
  16. Chenthi (is awesome)25 October 2013 at 07:59

    Hellooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chenthi(is Awesome)25 October 2013 at 08:02

    The other story for ep 10 was Jump Rope 4 Heart-Me and Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. hello. Um, I am aware that I still need a parter for my 'How to make a story board story'.
    If anyone doesn't already have enough on their plate could you come to me and view the possibilities. :)
    Thankies!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MIlly for helping here :)

      Delete
  19. Replies
    1. Hi Dylan, good to see you found your way here! Excellent.

      Delete
  20. Do we have WTV today?

    ReplyDelete
  21. 12:00, got it.
    Thanks Caroline!
    :)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Caroline
    For today at 12:00 year 5 and 6 team can not make because we are doing the duathlon that time so yeh

    Thanks Ella from episode 10

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name to comments by clicking name/ url in the drop down comments box. Then we know who you are. Thanks, Caroline.